One of the things most of us miss while trying to be good and eat clean is white bread. Here is good news! Whoever invented this delicious heavenly alternative should be thanked a lot. It is a saving grace for many of us white bread addicts. I thank you, whoever you are from the bottom of all of us!
Prep Time: 10min Servings: 8 Total Cooking Time: 40min
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
Pinch of kosher salt
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- Preheat the oven to 300°and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate egg whites from yolks into two medium glass bowls. Add cream of tartar and salt to egg whites, then using a hand mixer, beat until stiff peaks from, 2 to 3 minutes. Add cream cheese to egg yolks, then, using a hand mixer, mix yolks and cream cheese until combined. Gently fold egg yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Divide mixture into 8 mounds on prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 4” apart.
- Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle each piece of bread with cheese and bake about 2 to 3 minutes more. Let cool slightly.
Enjoy and make sure to share this goodness with others!