5 Natural Ways To Get Rid of Unwanted Varicose Veins
We have all seen the infamous blue and back veins overtaking the beautiful legs of an individual. More often than not it takes over your self-esteem, making you never want to show your legs in public ever again. Many times, varicose veins are genetic but there are onslaughts of ways you can prevent them from becoming unmanageable. Varicose veins are gnarled and mangled veins that are more often than not a cosmetic concern. However, there are times when pain is a symptom from varicose veins, and treatment may be in order. They appear in the legs and feet, as there is much more pressure going to these parts of the body.
Symptoms of Varicose Veins:
- Veins on your legs and feet that are dark purple or blue in color.
- Veins that appear to be twisted and bulging.
- When your legs feel achy or heavy it may cause pain.
- Skin ulcers forming near your ankles causing threat of a serious vascular disease. Always see a doctor if this is happening to you.
Along with genetics, varicose veins can be formed from poor blood circulation throughout the body. There are some at home remedies that can clear up embarrassing patches of these colorful veins, and they are rather simple to follow:
5 Home Remedies To Clear Up Varicose Veins:
- Apple Cider Vingear: Apple Cider Vinegar is a natural home remedy for many different medical conditions, especially varicose veins because of its antibacterial properties. It naturally cleanses the body, so it naturally promotes the health of your blood circulation. When healthy blood gets flowing again, it will naturally take down the swelling of the varicose veins.
To use: You can either apply the apple cider vinegar directly on the veins before going to bed, or you can drink a daily-diluted solution. If applying topically, simply take as much undiluted cider as needed, and massage on the affected veins morning and night. You will repeat this process for several months before noticing a smaller appearance in the veins. If you would prefer drinking the apple cider vinegar, simply dilute two teaspoons to a small cup of water and stir it well. Repeat this process twice a day for one month to see results.
- Olive Oil and Vitamin E Oil: Because blood circulation is so important when dealing with varicose veins, rubbing a soft solution such as olive oil and vitamin E oil on the area will aid in proper blood flow.
To use: Simply add one part olive oil to one part vitamin E oil and warm up slightly. Once the oils are warm, massage lightly onto the affected area. Repeat this twice a day, for at least one month to improve blood circulation and see results.
- Witch Hazel: Witch hazel is a very effective herb known to strengthen blood vessels, which is sorely needed when dealing with varicose veins. It contains gallic acid along with other essential oils that help with the pain that varicose veins can cause as well.
To use: Take a warm washcloth and soak it in witch hazel before applying to the affected areas. Repeat this process three times daily for a month or two to notice optimal results. You can also fill a bathtub up with about 20 drops of witch hazel drops, while soaking for at least 15 minutes. Dry off your body with clean water, and repeat daily for about 1-2 months.
- Avoid Sitting or Standing Too Long: Because prolonged sitting (at a desk) or standing can cause unwanted pressure on your legs, be mindful of how long you are doing either one. Crossing your legs has also been said to cause varicose veins because it cuts off blood supply to the legs. Mix things up, and keep moving to avoid veins that become clotted and irritated. When you are at home, try elevating your legs when you are relaxing, to encourage positive blood flow and circulation.
- Exercise Daily: While this may seem like a no-brainer to some people, it often gets overlooked when talking about varicose veins. Proper exercise is really essential for your overall health and wellness, but it dramatically can affect the appearance of your varicose veins for the better. Not only does exercise promote blood circulation throughout the body, it also keeps unwanted weight off. The more weight you have, the more pressure gets put on your legs and feet causing worse outbreaks of varicose veins.
There are many home remedies that can help you diminish the appearance of embarrassing varicose veins. If you symptoms get worse, you may want to consult your doctor for a further diagnosis. If you are experiencing pain and swelling, always consult a doctor, as it could result in cardiovascular problems down the road. Varicose veins are a very common problem that many people will face in their lifetime, but with these simple home remedies they should hopefully diminish!
1. Varicose veins. (n.d.). Retrieved December 22, 2015, from http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/varicose-veins/basics/symptoms/con-20043474
2. Home Remedies for Varicose Veins | Top 10 Home Remedies. (2014, February 5). Retrieved December 22, 2015, from http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-remedies/home-remedies-varicose-veins.html
3. Home Remedies Varicose Veins. (n.d.). Retrieved December 22, 2015, from https://www.homemademedicine.com/home-remedies-varicose-veins.html
4. Feature, W. (n.d.). New Treatments for Varicose Veins. Retrieved December 23, 2015, from http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/features/new-treatments-for-varicose-veins